Thursday, July 29, 2010

Booking Through Thursday: Beach Buddies

btt button

Suggested by Joy:

Which fictional character (or group of characters) would you like to spend a day at the beach with? Why would he/she/they make good beach buddies?

What an intriguing question! I love to go to the beach, but gosh darn it, I can't really think of a specific fictional character to go with right now. Perhaps Garit, from Janet McNaughton's Dragon Seer would be a good candidate. I mean, he's about my age, loves to tell the 'old' stories, can carve pretty awesomely AND he's purportedly really clever (wait, scratch that, he IS clever; just read further into the book). I can just imagine us watching as the waves lap the shore, his voice near my ear telling me of Father Moon while he somehow carves something magical out of a bunch of twigs.

Can you say dreamy?

Of course, probably my main reason for saying so is he's the only character living in my head right now (I'm currently in the process of reading the book which might explain a few things...). But man, oh man, I'd spend time with him any day!

2 comments:

Lori said...

LOL...Dreamy...see I can say it. I would do the beach thing at night. Here’s mine

Sara Harricharan said...

LOL! Spending the day at the beach with a dreamy guy is definitely a good memory, I'd think. I bet it'd be fun, what a fun answer to this question!