Friday, August 20, 2010

The Four Month Reading Challenge Part Four -- woot, last minute joining in. :D


So I've heard of these so-called reading challenges--and hey, I'll be the first to admit, I'd always been intrigued. Now that I do have a blog, I'm pretty happy that I can try one out and track my progress on it (and all in the name of good fun too)!

It's being hosted @ She Read a Book and it's supposed to stretch for four months, from July 1st to October 31st (I'm dreadfully late, aren't I?). I'm going to count the books I've read prior to joining in on the challenge, so the situation isn't so dire as that.

So here goes my first challenge ever. Woo hoo! Here's to hoping I get a respectable number of points.

Points so far: 125 out of 250 points

5 Point Challenges

Read a chick lit book

Jet Set by Carrie Karasyov and Jill Kargman

Read a name with a proper name in the title

Pick: Venetia Kelly's Travelling Show by Frank Delaney

Read a historical fiction book

Pick: The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare

Read a book with a one word title

Ice by Sarah Beth Durst

Read a book made into a movie

Pick: Push: a novel by Sapphire

10 Point Challenges

Read a book with a Civil War theme (any country)

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (hey, it did have some Civil War themes!)

Read a Biblical fiction book

Pick: Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

Read a hardcover book

Pick: These is my Words: the diary of Sarah Agnes Prine, 1881-1901 by Nancy E. Turner

Read a book about a king or queen

The Princess and the Bear by Mette Ivie Harrison (a fictional king, for me!)

Read a book set in France

Pick: The French Mistress: a Novel of the Duchess of Portsmouth and King Charles II

15 Point Challenges

Read a book by an author you’ve never read before

The Glass Slipper by Eleanor Farjeon

Read a biography or autobiography

Charles and Emma: the Darwins' Leap of Faith by Deborah Heiligman

Read a book with a number in the title

Lips Touch: Three Times by Laini Taylor

Read any book and then post a review

Hate List by Jennifer Brown

Read any book but read it outside

Heart's Blood by Juliet Marillier

20 Point Challenges

Read a book in a series AND the one after it

Princess of the Midnight Ball and Princess of Glass by Jessica Day George

Read a book that was a winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction

Pick: Ironweed by William Kennedy

Read a book considered Christian fiction

Pick: The Measure of a Lady by Deeanne Gist (light, historical romantic Christian fiction, that's for sure)

Read a book from The Modern Library Top 100

Pick: A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

Read a book by an author born in July, August, September or October

Pick: The Great Gatsby/Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald

This is going to be a lot of fun, I can tell. :D

0 comments: