Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Teaser Tuesday(s)!


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B at Should be Reading. It's a fun little initiative--and anyone can play along! Just grab your current read, let the pages magically fall onto a spoiler-free page and pick 2 teaser sentences to share with other book bloggers. Don't forget to share the author and title, so other people can put the book on their TBR pile if they absolutely love your tantalizing excerpt.

So anyway, this is my first one and I am drastically late. Not a very good first impression, if I must say.

This week's read is These is My Words: The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine, 1881-1901, Arizona Territories - A Novel by Nancy E. Turner.


It is simply beautiful; historical fiction done right and I just love it! I'm almost finished and I'm dreading getting to the end because I love the characters too much.

Enough of my rambling; I'll save it for the review. I'll let the book speak for itself.

"I never did hear what happened down there, but Tucson is a rough old cob of a town, and people that live there just have to be ready to duck or draw. In my deep pocket, my kitchen pistol was banging against my leg, and I thought, I am a hard woman, for sure, not genteel like Savannah, not as I wanted to become at all. Maybe when times simmer down I will be able to walk around without a sidearm in my pocket and a rifle under my wagon seat like an outlaw." p.143


So my excerpt's longer than two sentences. Tsk, tsk, how shameful--late for my first post and already breaking the rules. But I hope you all forgive me because this one is actually a very good impression of how the novel is like--and what a great, great novel it is!

See you next Tuesday!

0 comments: